1. I didn't get IMAGINARY GIRLS sent out until yesterday morning. All weekend, I was dealing with a sick baby who was NOT HAPPY NOT ONE BIT.
2. I didn't write much over the weekend, either. But I did somehow manage to inhale both THE CARRIE DIARIES and SUMMER AND THE CITY. And I got addicted to Angry Birds.
3. I've been shopping for my new home office (SQUEE)!!! So far, I've picked out this desk (by the way, that picture of the girl on the right is totally what I look like when I'm writing) with hutch, this chair, and this bookcase. And we bought this paint. I can't wait to put my collection of YA books on the shelf and store all my notebooks and receipts and pens and highlighters and post-its in the desk! And WRITE. Oh, we need one more thing for that room. A LOCK for the door.
4. I reached the 30k (halfway) point on SLIDE 2 yesterday. It feels so great to get past that hump! I might regret saying this later, but I really feel like it's all coming together. I'm enjoying writing this. I love getting to know all these characters again and playing in the same world. It's fun. (Let's hope it stays that way for the next couple of weeks, while I finish this draft.)
5. Just got word that I'll be seeing the unproofed typeset pages that will show up in the SLIDE arc soon. I'm not supposed to go through and mark all the mistakes because the copyeditors haven't finished their work yet, but this is my last chance to go through and make any changes. This makes me NERVOUS. And thrilled. And scared to death.
6. I'm really enjoying all the rain we've been having. Not when I have to go out in it, but somehow it makes me feel less lazy, if it's raining, when I sit around and read all day.
7. I can't believe how quickly the summer is flying by. I have to finish my rough draft of SLIDE 2, polish it to the point where I can send it to my editor, plan for my maternity leave next year, and... well, that's about it. But still. Ack! Hope you're all having a great summer!