1. I might just have celebrated passing my GD test by nomming a bunch of mini almond Hershey's bars.
2. We need to bite the bullet and make the munchkin stay in her big girl bed. Too many nights we've caved and let her sleep in our bed, and now it's kinda the norm. How is that going to work when I'm getting up every two hours to feed the little'un?
3. Speaking of the little'un, I got a peek yesterday. Is it bad that I was so tired I closed my eyes for most of the ultrasound while the technician made sure his heart had four chambers? I did get a peek of his cute little toes and profile, though, so I'm good to go.
4. I still have 24 of my 70 papers to grade by Friday. Somehow I will work them in while the sophomores are watching Freedom Writers. 70 students in Composition I is a LOT.
5. I'm debating going back to bed instead of putting on makeup today. The kids don't care. Right?
6. I haven't been writing. At all. I did send one terrible story idea to my crit partner last night, though.
7. I really am enjoying being back in school. My students are great, and I think we all had fun the first week. Well, except for the seniors who had to write that paper. But by the end of every day, I'm so exhausted that I wonder how I'm ever going to make it to December.
8. That said, is it Friday yet?
P.S. Yesterday I sent out a batch of SLIDE bookmarks. If you'd like one (or if you're a blogger and would like five or so to hand out with prizes), send your name and address to jillehathaway at gmail. Yes, I will send them internationally! :)